Collaborative Interactive Visualization & Analysis Lab
The HKUST-CIVAL group develops interactive visualizations to promote the interplay between human, machines, and big data. We are specialized in visualization and visual analytics, VR/AR, human-computer interaction, and urban computing. Currently we are focusing on 1) computational design for visualization, infographics, poster, floorplan, etc.; 2) situated visualization in VR/AR; and 3) visual analytics for various application domains like transportation, building energy, etc.
- July ’22: One paper ‘Effects of View Layout on Situated Analytics for Multiple-View Representations in Immersive Visualization‘ got accepted by IEEE VIS 2022.
- May ’22: Our paper ‘Creative and Progressive Interior Color Design with Eye-tracked User Preference‘ got accepted by ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction. Congrats to Prof. Shihui Guo and Prof. Juncong Lin.
- Apr. ’22: Our paper ‘Saliency-aware color harmony models for outdoor signboard‘ got accepted by Computers & Graphics. Congrats to Yanna Lin.
- Nov. ’21: Our paper ‘ActFloor-GAN: Activity-Guided Adversarial Networks for Human-Centric Floorplan Design’ got accepted by IEEE TVCG. Congrats to Shidong Wang and Xi Chen.
- Nov. ’21: Officially joined the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Guangzhou campus.
1 Duxue Road, Nansha District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, 511458
Dr. Wei ZENG